Accessibility Statement for National Security and Investment Notification
This accessibility statement applies to https://NSI.BEIS.GOV.UK.
This website is run by the Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen and without content being truncated or overlapping
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some content is not contained in landmarks.
- The heading structure of some pages is incorrect.
- The list structure of some pages has invalid child elements.
- The labelling of some links has been mistakenly hidden from assistive technology.
- Error identification does not meet GDS design standards for all components.
- Indication of required form fields is not always accurate.
- Some minor parsing errors exist.
- Some ARIA attributes are incorrectly used.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
It is possible to visit our offices in person in certain circumstances.
Our offices have audio induction loops.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office address: 1 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0ET.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some content is not contained within landmarks and the semantic structure of some content is incorrect. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (Info and relationships).
- The purpose of some links is not clear. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.4 (Link Purpose (in Context)).
- Error messages are not clearly identified to the field in error. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 3.3.1 (Error Identification).
- The required status of some fields is incorrectly identified. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 3.3.2 (Labels or Instructions).
- There are some minor parsing errors on some pages. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.1 (Parsing).
- Some ARIA roles have been incorrectly used. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (Name, Role, Value).
- If an error is detected there is no error suggestion provided for some fields. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 3.3.3 (Error Suggestion).
BEIS is not claiming that any outstanding issues would be a disproportionate burden to fix.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
None of the website is considered to be outside of the scope of accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 6th November 2021. It was last reviewed on 17th December 2021.
This website was last tested on 6th November 2021. The test was carried out by Test Partners Ltd.
Pages were chosen that contained all the unique components on the website. All different page types were also supplied